Monday, October 3, 2011

Revised animatic!

HERE IT IS!

So, a couple things; aspect ratio in the animatic is messed up. The boards are in 4:3, but the final film will be in 16:9, so each board will adapt as I focus on more and more shots.

Secondly, there's not really much music in the animatic, except the montage. Believe me, there will be a lot of music in the final film. And speaking of sound, Ray is accidentally missing a scream at one point in the film.

And thirdly, I still might tinker with ending (when Ray ends up back at the bus stop). It's not quite to my liking, yet, so I'll figure that out as I go along.

Anyway, now I can go back to animating!

1 comment:

  1. Great work, Tom!!! This is extremely successful- which you could tell by the class's reaction.

    Here are my notes from class in case you need them:

    1. In the shot when the guy is talking on the phone and the cat is in the foreground, may want to draw a little more attention to the guy so we understand he is in the frame. Possibly re-frame the cat or have his action (licking paw) slow down.

    2. It seems like an abrupt cut at 1:32 when you cut to him sitting on the bench with his back to us. I wonder if you could have the camera stay on his face and pan around? I know that's probably too difficult and it's a low priority. The shot still works.

    3. When Blotto says "This is more real than you know" you may want a tighter CU.

    4. At 5:09 I think it would be funny if you showed him speaking in close-up and then Blotto's paws appeared on his cheek (the framing in 5:14) before you saw a wider shot with Blotto.

    5. At the end you may want the mother or father to drag off the girl.

    Great work Tom!!!

    ReplyDelete