Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hooray, my hard drive crashed!

Last night at 1:47 AM, my macbook's hard drive crashed, taking my boards, character designs and BGs with it. Thank god I have most of that either uploaded online, on a flash drive or on the school's server, plus I have hard copies of the script. I am so thankful I decided to go with Toonboom and do all my animation on a separate computer. I don't think my 3-year-old macbook would have been able to take the workload.

So, this is just a reminder to everyone working on your film, as well as everyone in general.

BACK.

UP.

YOUR.

WORK.

Don't think your computer will be the one to pull through. That's what I did (even though I was told a million times to back everything up to an external hard drive, which I did, but last time was a year and a half ago). I foolishly paid the price. Maybe once I win the lottery, I can get someone to go through the pain-staking process of retrieving the data from my old hard drive. It's possible, just really expensive... somewhere in the realm of $1200.

Didn't hear me well enough the first time? Fine, I'll say it again. BACK UP YOUR WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment