Monday, September 26, 2011

Obligatory blog post! ... an Oblogatory?

Very busy week. Getting shots done and making layouts.

Speaking of shots, here's one!

Shot 26

Really messing around with AfterEffects here. Stars aren't showing up too well in Photoshop, so I'm just inserting them in AfterEffects. Seems pretty cool and I can manipulate the randomness/movement/size of all the stars. You'll notice that they get slowly brighter as the shot progresses. I do prefer the starry night effect in Photoshop (it works, but it never exports correctly, no matter what kind of file it is) but this'll have to do.

Other things!

I met with my voice actor, Eric Bauza, over the past week. Really cool guy and has done a lot of professional work, for TV shows and struggling animation students alike! I listened to his demo, and Blotto's voice is definitely in there. Guy's got a serious amount of range.

I've also been looking at score composers; Dustin Painter has been a front runner, and I'm really enjoying his work. It's very atmospheric and Thomas Newman-esque, which I think would fit the mood of the film very well. We'll be meeting later on this week, hopefully.

That's all for now. Tune in some other time for more thesis hijinks!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I am so glad things are working out with Eric- he is a talented actor.

    Good luck with the composer search!

    ReplyDelete