Sunday, September 18, 2011

New BG! And new shot!

Look, everyone, it's a new background for shot number 26! Click on the image for full effect.

So, you may notice that the grass has a gesso texture, which suits it quite well, in my opinion. Rather than nabbing some poor soul's gesso texture off the internet (which I actually did in this case), I'm going to get some of the materials myself and create some textures that I'll scan into my computer. The one you see above is a placeholder. I also may tone down the light blue, just to make everything blend a little more smoothly.

Head count: shots 4, 9, 10, 15, 19, 25 and 26 are either animated or completely finished!

Speaking of finished, here's a finished shot.

Shot 25

Well, it may be completely finished. The stars aren't very visible, so may have to go back in a tweak it a little. Also, those moving cloud thingies in the background may have to be slowed down a few pegs.

It's a short clip, but I just wanted to make sure that the style and Ray's colour scheme are both functional. I'm very pleased with how everything is turning out so far. Let's keep this animation parade going!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray- it looks great! Nice work! You could add a blink on shot 25 when his head raises. If you wanted to tweak it some more you could add some subtle squash and stretch. However, I think it works well- we completely understand the action. Congratulations!

    -Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweeet shot. perhaps add a dark bluish gradient to the green grass as it recedes into the background (or foreground, since thats your focal point). that might help it blend in. perhaps think about using a different tint of green too, because the green you have is quite bold.

    ReplyDelete