Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More concept artwork - Bus Stop & Ray

So here's Ray at the bus stop. The human world is a more grungy, black and white, and much more uninviting than the lush and expansive landscape of the High Five Realm. I'll do some artwork for the overall look of the city. 

Also, Ray looks different. It's not his final design, but it works a little better than my last one, and would be fairly easier to animate. Also, he has actual clothes, instead of the bland shirt and pants that I often revert to. (Well, OK, it's still a bland shirt and pants, but at least it lends more towards Ray's character)

More to come! I should put up some bits and pieces of my rough thumbnails at some point...

4 comments:

  1. His shoes are too cool. I really like his new look too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how metaphorically boxed-in he is by that bus stop...and the 3 on the sign symbolizes the triangularity of his despair...ok I'll stop now.

    But really, I like that the real world is an extension of Ray, and the high-five realm is an extension of Blotto...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how simplistic the style and colors are in this scene. Having the High-Five realm an array of different colors would really contrast the two worlds apart. His expression really sums up his personality.

    One minor thing to look out for is the bus sign pole - the bottom dark gray part is about equally 'parallel' with the edge of the wall in back of it. Somewhat visually conflicting and something to look out for in the future. Don't know if that makes sense. But still amazing job with this and your other scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean makes a good point. You may want to avoid lines parallel to the frame- including the curb and the bench, etc. (Refer to "Simpson's handout.) I love the tone of the scene. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete