Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The High Five Realm: Concept Art

So here's another space background along with a teaser of the high five realm. As you can see, the landscape of the realm includes lush fields/hills of green with blue flowing rivers. There'll be more to add, especially visual gags involving high fives, but I just wanted to establish the initial colour scheme of the scenery.




And wow, am I incredibly happy with it. This is very close to the look that I want pertaining to colour and texture. THANK YOU, ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR! If it was not for that program, I wouldn't be able to establish the painterly feel. I initially thought I'd do something of the more grassy look, but the paintbrush blobs carry a more organic, free-spirited sense that definitely suits the realm.

As you can see, Blotto is maxing and relaxing. I'm glad his swimming pool mattress turned out better than I expected, though it probably won't make an appearance in the film... or maybe it will? We'll see.

Two problems: Blotto's mid-section is a little warped and secondly, as much as I love the space background, it looks a little too photo-realistic for the realm. I'll try to run the space backgrounds through some Photoshop filters and see if I can get a more cartoon-y result.

1 comment:

  1. Since the High Five is obviously a special and/or irregular world, I don't think it's a problem the sky looks 'realistic'. But I'm sure it'll look good either way.

    ReplyDelete