Sunday, January 16, 2011

And so it begins...

Hello, world!

My name is Tom Kanter and this is my thesis blog.

I suppose you should know a couple things about me. I'm from Belgium (but carry Swedish/British dual citizenship). I live in Los Angeles and study at USC. Also, I can make my eyebrows dance while simultaneously wiggling my ears.

Over the next 16 months, you will read tales of the blood, sweat and tears that have fallen because of this production. It will be tough. It will be exhausting. And it will be glorious. Glorious and animated.

So I have a couple ideas for the film. Still, I haven't found that one perfect idea that I know I can commit to.

I can tell you that it will be animated in 2D (preferences being pencil and paper + AfterEffects), there will be dialogue, and a custom score. Also it will most likely be narrative-based, and probably focus on a one or two characters. I've also thought of doing some sort of mockumentary but we'll see.

And lastly of all, it will probably be a dark comedy.

That's all for now. More to come. In the meantime, I will shamelessly promote my final project from second year.

Bournemouth

1 comment: