Sunday, February 27, 2011

Space! It's a frontier!

I'm finally back! I'll put up some bits of my already-finished pre-lim boards, but until then, here's a space background that could potentially be part of the high-five realm. I made it from scratch with the help of the internet and Photoshop. Problem is, I had so much trouble inserting distant stars in Photoshop (my adjustment levels won't cooperate) and when I exported it to a JPG, a lot of the stars disappeared. You can see some very faint distant stars, but I can't make them more prominent at the moment... So, it doesn't look quite authentic just yet.

Here's a screencap from photoshop in order to show you what it's supposed to look like.
There's a lot more varying brightness in the stars, so it has much more of an outer-space aesthetic. Since it's only a screencap though, the quality's not good enough to use in the final film.

Anyway, I'll work on that. More to come!

4 comments:

  1. It's weird that the stars would disappear. Maybe you should try saving it as a PNG instead.

    I like the colors you chose. Would things be moving if you were to use this as a background? Like asteroids flying by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried just about every format and there was always some problem. PNG has the same results as JPG; the second space picture is a TIFF, which I can't post on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know After Effects can handle Tiffs, as well as Photoshop files.

    The screencap looks pretty good for a screencap, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also just remembered that the Aftereffects on SCA's computers has a good "Nightsky" setting, so worse comes to worse, I can use that to emulate distant stars, and put the clouds over it.

    ReplyDelete